High Peaks Dental Expertise
Many people fear going to the dentist and our team understands. Learn more about how we can help improve your next dental visit by clicking HERE
You've seen it on TV, Invisalign is a way to straighten your teeth without braces. It uses a series of hard plastic, computer-designed mouth guard-like trays, each giving incremental movement towards the desired result. If you've wanted straighter teeth but don't want braces this could be the solution for you!
Many adults spend their entire lives covering their mouths when they laugh, smile or talk. They feel stuck because they do not want to wear metal braces for years or they are concerned that other corrective procedures could be too invasive or too expensive. Now, there is an effective, safe and affordable cosmetic solution that fits your lifestyle.
A revolutionary combination of proven orthodontic techniques, modern materials, and innovative thought - Six Month Smiles? utilizes nearly invisible clear braces to gently straighten and align teeth in an average time of just six months
- Whitening: Overtime your teeth can become discolored simply by consuming dark beverages and normal wear and tear. Teeth whitening is a popular way of enhancing your smile. Our Dr's will fit you with the right tray that will be used for treatment either at the Dentist, or at home. After several uses you will see your teeth whiten by up to 2 shades of white! There are many over the counter kits you can get but it is best to consult your Dentist first before starting a whitening treatment. We will ensure you have the best advice for how long and when to perform these procedures.
- Crowns: A crown is a great way of restoring strength to a tooth when a cavity or fracture has left the tooth weak and vulnerable to further problems. A crown is simply a new cap for your tooth. We offer two different procedures for crowns and they can be applied in either one or two visits. Your new crown will help restore your tooth's strength and increase the appearance of your smile!
- Veneers: Porcelain veneers are a great way to get that smile you've always wanted. Natural (and even some fixed) teeth can have gaps, crookedness, chips or stains and in these cases veneers could be the best solution for you. Veneers are simply a new cap for your teeth that will give you a movie star smile!
Have you ever looked in the mirror and thought "I wish I had a better smile?" Smiling should be a happy, enjoyable experience, not stressful or embarrassing. You would be surprised how affordable, quick and easy it can be to obtain that perfect smile. Contact us today to learn more about how easy it can be!
Believe it or not, this disease affects a large portion of the population. Plaque buildup can create spaces between your teeth and gums and overtime will cause your gums to recede causing further gum and tooth problems.
- Diagnosis: Gum bleeding when you brush can be a sign of Gingivitis, the beginning stage. During your cleaning we check the depth of any pockets that may develop and will discuss these with you when concerns arise.
- Treatment: Gingivitis must be treated to prevent further destruction of gums, teeth and bones. Depending on the severity numbing followed by a deep cleaning below the gum line will be required. After this, your gums will come back stronger and healthier.
- Laser Gum Treatment: When your gums need repair, Laser Periodontal Therapy offers a proven and far less painful treatment than surgery. Click HERE for more info.
- Maintenance: After repairing your gums follow-up appointments will be recommended to review the healing process. Should the issues not improve a specialist may be in order. To give your teeth their best chance at fighting gingivitis and preventing cavities, use medicated rinses, floss regularly, and use an electronic toothbrush.
Laser Periodontal Therapy offers a proven, vastly less painful and less invasive treatment alternative to conventional scalpel/suture flap surgery for gum disease. This technology provides a simple and comfortable patient experience with excellent clinical results. By removing their fear, the dental community has the opportunity to bring patients back to seek treatment for their gum disease.
Laser Periodontal Therapy offers a proven, vastly less painful and less invasive treatment alternative to conventional scalpel/suture flap surgery for gum disease. This technology provides a simple and comfortable patient experience with excellent clinical results. By removing their fear, the dental community has the opportunity to bring patients back to seek treatment for their gum disease. - See more at: http://www.highpeaksdental.com/ourservice/sevice.html?id=474#sthash.w6EEIIin.dpuf
Unfortunately for many of us we try our best to brush and floss often, yet at some point will require some level of restorative measure for our teeth. When restoration is needed our staff will help you feel comfortable, repair the damage and get you back to your normal appearance.
- Implants: Are a great way to replace a lost tooth. In this process we build a new root and tooth for you and implant it directly back into the bone. This process does take several visits but, it is the single best way to restore your smile when a new tooth is needed.
- Bridges: This is another way to replace a lost tooth. The bridge is like a series of crowns that forms a bridge over the lost tooth. A bridge is used in many of the same circumstances that might require an implant and are another option depending on the patients' particular needs.
- Dentures: These are the removable option for fixing mixed teeth. Whether partial or a full set of dentures are required we can help you get fitted for a great new smile.
- Root Canals: When decay finds itself deep into the root of your tooth a root canal may be required to remove the decay and fix the jaw to prevent further damage. In this process the nerve canal is reshapes and filled with a special material the helps seal and prevent further infection.
- White Fillings: Remember when fillings were silver or gold? Not anymore! With the new quartz resin fillings we can fix a cavity and no one will know it ever happened! If you have older fillings this is also a good opportunity to have them checked by your dentist. The old silver filling can change over time allowing cavities to grow beneath the surface which can go undetected for years. So if you have old fillings contact us to have them inspected and or replaced.
Each and every cleaning visit includes a thorough exam to ensure your smile stays fresh and clean for as long as it can. Each check-up includes:
- Cleaning and polishing: In a cleaning we remove tartar that builds up over time along with the plaque that can form on your teeth. Plaque can lead to inflammation and gum issues over time. We also polish your teeth to remove any missed spots, reduce staining and restore their natural luster.
- Gum evaluation and treatment: Gums and supporting teeth will be checked for health and disease.
- Oral cancer screening: Lips, tongue, gums, throat and neck are all examined for signs of oral cancer.
- X-rays: Performed semi-annually to provide insights that you might not feel and may not show on the surface. Items we look for are bone loss, developmental deviations, abscesses, teeth coming in from the wrong position and other issues that can hide in and among your teeth and gums. This early detection is important in treating and maintaining your smile.
- Investigation of existing work: We make sure that any existing work you've had in your lifetime is holding up and functioning as expected.