The 12th annual Wheels for Warmth tire sales event is happening this Saturday.
Folks can drop off their unwanted tires to one of the drop-off sites.
Donated tires will be sold to Vermonters in need.
Also, any funds from donated tires that are sold will go towards emergency fuel assistance for those in need.
According to the release since 2005 Wheels for Warmth has raised more than three hundred thousand dollars for emergency fuel assistance. More than twenty-five thousand tires have been donated.
Donated tires will also be accepted and inspected by the Department of Motor Vehicles on Friday, October 28 from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the following four locations:
- Dubois Construction, 46 Three Mile Bridge Road, Middlesex (sale location)
- Casella Construction, 25 Industrial Lane, Mendon (sale location)
- Casella Waste Management, 28 Avenue C, Williston
- Percy Park, 269 Weeks Hill Road, Stowe
Car and truck tires will be accepted for resale at no charge if they meet inspection criteria. All tires will be accepted for recycling at a charge of $4 per tire.
The donated tire sales event is happening Saturday, October 29 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Dubois Construction, 46 Three Mile Bridge Road, Middlesex
- Casella Construction, 25 Industrial Lane, Mendon
You find out more information by clicking here.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.