Crews Battle House Fire Friday Night in Milton

Milton, Vt - Crews put out a house fire in Milton Friday night on Bear Trap Road.

A call came in about the blaze around 7:30 p.m. Firefighters wrapped up at the scene about two hours later.

Firefighters at the scene say there was a person inside the house, but they were able to get out.

The initial investigation leads fire officials to believe it was started by an air conditioning unit.

"The home owner discovered the fire, it was an AC unit on the exterior of the building," Assistant Fire Chief Christ Poirier from the Milton Fire Department, said. "He grabbed the fire extinguisher and entered the building and attempted to put it down, he was able to essentially knock it down to a degree until he had to exit due the smoke."

Assistant Fire Chief Poirier says no one was hurt, but they are still working to locate one pet at this time.


Don't Miss

  • Made Right, Here
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Don't Miss: Darin' Erin
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Don't Miss: This Place in History
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Latest News

Video Center