COLCHESTER, Vt. - Days before the City of Winooski holds its first farmers market of the summer season, Nancy Nottermann with Snug Valley Farm joined us in our Colchester studios on Local 44 Morning Brew to show off some of the farm-raised meat products the farm will sell at the market on Sunday, May 29.
Before the interview, Nottermann also shared some recipes you can try at home!
CROCK POT SHREDDED TACOS:
- 2 lbs. flank or skirt steak
- 2 green bell peppers & 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Jalapano pepper (seeded and chopped)
Ingredients for spice rub:
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
1. Mix together spices in a small bowl.
2. Rub the spices all over your steak.
3. Place steak at the bottom of your crock pot.
4. Cover steak with chopped onions and peppers.
5.Turn heat on low. Cook for 8 hours.
6. Remove meat from pot, shred with fork.
BEFORE SERVING: Heat your tortillas in a clean dish towel. Spoon shredded beef mixture onto tortilla and top with salsa, avocado, cilantro, and shredded lettuce.
For more great recipes, head to Snug Valley Farm's website.
A Vermont author saw her dream come true within days of publishing…
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Miles Bridges made a 3-pointer and bounced…
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) - U.S. Open finalist Madison Keys is…