If homes do flood, Vermont health officials are concerned mold may build up.
During spring flooding in 2011 a number of places had to remove mold.
The state toxicologist says the fungus can cause breathing problems.
Health experts say if stuff sits in water for two days, it's considered contaminated.
"Just try to keep everything as dry as possible and if things do get wet, just try to get them dry as quickly as you can," said Vermont Toxicologist Sarah Vose.
The other thing health experts say is to watch for flood water getting into drinking water.
If that happens they say to boil the water before using it.
New York's Health Commissioner says the state is willing to work with…
A team of UVM scientists is working to count how many calories are in…
A first-of-its-kind report by the U.S. Surgeon General looks at…