VERMONT & NEW HAMPSHIRE - New Hampshire and Vermont State Police started increased traffic enforcement Friday for the holiday weekend.
Authorities are focusing on Interstate 89 and Interstate 91 in both states.
Friday, NH State Police conducted 125 stops, which resulted in the following:
- Tickets for speed: 72
- Tickets for move over law: 1
- Tickets for unlawful passing: 1
- Warnings for speed: 47
- Electronic handheld device violations: 1
- Motorist assists: 6
- Hazardous operation in excess of 90 MPH: 4
Vermont State Police conducted 43 stops on Friday, which resulted in the following:
- Tickets for speed violations: 28
- Electronic handheld device: 7
- Written warnings for hazardous operation in excess of 90 MPH: 1
Both agencies say they will continue to increase patrols and sobriety checkpoints throughout the Labor Day weekend with the goal of ensuring safety and reducing crashes.
Celebrate Burlington's Innovation at a series of events called…
In some cases, individuals who work together can become close…
Waking up Tuesday likely to the coldest air of the season, thus far.…