Investigation Finds Cause of Litchfield Carbon Monoxide Death

Litchfield, N.H. - According to a release from the New Hampshire State Fire Marshal's Office, the investigation into the source of carbon monoxide at 22 Moose Hollow Road that killed Jamie Badeau and injured a woman living in the house on July 12 is over.

The carbon monoxide was from a portable gasoline-powered generator that was being run in the home's basement, officials said.

Badeau was using the generator for electricity after the power was shut-off by the utility company, stated a media release.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, tasteless gas that can only be detected by carbon monoxide detectors.

State Fire Marshal J. William Degnan and Litchfield Fire Chief Frank Fraitzl warn that gasoline-powered equipment should only be used in a well-ventilated area at least 10 feet away from any structures. You should also make sure the exhaust is not pointed at any windows or doors, they said.


More Stories

Don't Miss

  • Made Right, Here
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Don't Miss: Darin' Erin
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Don't Miss: This Place in History
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Latest News

Video Center