Lauren Maloney sat down with Williston Town Manager Rick McGuire to preview Town Meeting Day, March 1.
• Town provides a wide range of services to Williston residents, visitors and businesses
• Estimating the cost of providing those services for next fiscal year is $10.2 million
• That represents a 3.9% increase over the current year
• Based on current grand list, taxpayers will see a one cent increase in their municipal tax rate
Article 3: Pet Control Ordinance
• The Town has an existing Dog control Ordinance that mirrors state law.
• Changes broaden definition of pets covered from just dogs to all pets; and provide for the reporting of pet attacks or bites by a law enforcement officer or health officer, regardless of whose property the attack occurred on.
Article 7: Fire Truck
• Article seek authorization to purchase one new fire truck to replace two older trucks
both of which exceed 19 years in age.
• Bad news – The cost of new trucks is very high. ($705,000)
• Good news – The recently completed new public works facility came in under budget and the proposal is to use $400,000 left from that project to reduce what is needed for the new fire truck.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.