A recall is out for popular weight loss drug Alli. It's over complaints related to possible tampering.
The British company that makes the over-the-counter drug says about 12 customers in seven states complained they found tablets and capsules of different shapes and sizes in the bottles.
Some bottles were even missing labels or had phony tamper-evident seals on them. Some customers reported bottles with the following lot and expiration dates to have non-Alli pills in the bottle:
- Carton Lot 14372, expiration: 2/28/2016
- Carton Lot 14395, expiration: 2/28/2016
- Carton Lot 14124, expiration: 9/30/2015
- Carton Lot 14267, expiration: 1/31/2016
- Carton Lot 14442, expiration: 4/30/2016
The real Alli capsule is described as turquoise blue with 60 Orlistat printed on it.
The makers of the drug are working with the FDA to investigate the alleged tampering.