A press release says this gives both New Yorkers and visitors the opportunity to purchase lifetime licenses to fish, hunt, and visit New York State parks.
“As part of our ongoing efforts to promote New York as a top destination for outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen, we are launching the NYS Lifetime Adventure License Series that will allow New Yorkers to hunt, fish and enjoy our vast state parks for the rest of their lives,” Governor Cuomo said.
A press release outlines some of the benefits to participating in the New York State Adventure License Series:
- Lifetime Hunting License: $535 for small/big game. A lifetime license to hunt across the state.
- Lifetime Fishing License: $460. A lifetime fishing license provides a lifetime of fishing on more than 70,000 miles of rivers and streams and more than 7,000 lakes and ponds.
- Lifetime Empire Passport: $750 with special offer. Buy the passport once and enjoy the forests, seashore, and lakefronts in New York state parks. There is no expiration date. A one-time special bonus includes any one of the following: a free week of camping, a free round of golf for four, or a $100 State Parks gift card.
- Adventure License Plates: Adventure license plates with be free of charge for anyone purchasing new lifetime licenses in 2014, including one free plate renewal. There are 9 license plate designs.
- New York State Adventure Licenses: Lifetime holders of sporting licenses, Lifetime Empire Passports, and the NY Safe Boating Certificates have the ability to consolidate their paper licenses into one document, their New York State driver's license. Icons will be placed on the license to indicate what license an individual is registered for.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.