Graniteville, Vt. - Three people are homeless tonight in Graniteville... After a fire destroyed their building. Barre Town firefighters got the call around 4:15 this morning. When they arrived on scene the two unit apartment house was engulfed in flames. Everyone inside got out. The flames were so intense the buildings next-door began to melt and those residents also had to be evacuated.
The chief says the fire was accidental- a cigarette ash tray was left on the porch and reignited overnight.
Chief Chris Violette of the Barre Town Fire Department says "The dog of a neighboring house... the house that sustained some damage... woke up the owner of that house and that owner... that gentlemen was able to alert the people in the other house... three people total and that dog and that gentlemen probably saved their lives"
It was likely because of that dog and neighbor that only one person was hurt.
A resident suffered injuries to the bottom of his foot while escaping the flames.
He was transported to a nearby hospital and released quickly.
President Donald Trump's commission on Combating Drug Addiction and…
Crews are digging up roads in North Bennington, Vermont.
What's that? You want a few more shots at 70°? You got it.