Clear Vents to Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

By Joe Gullo

Published 02/13 2014 10:23AM

Updated 02/13 2014 10:25AM

WATERBURY, Vt. - The Vermont Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security is encouraging Vermonters to clear all vents from snow to prevent carbon monoxide (CO) from entering their home.

A press release says CO is a colorless and odorless and can cause injury or death. All home owners are advised to have working carbon monoxide detectors in the home. If the detector sounds, home owners should call for help.

Symptoms of Co poisoning include lethargy and nausea.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.