Fire at Grand Isle, Vt. Church

By Megan Carpenter |

Published 06/08 2014 08:44PM

Updated 06/08 2014 08:46PM

GRAND ISLE, Vt. - Police say a fire started at a church in Grand Isle in the middle of Sunday service.

Vermont State Police say it happened at the United Methodist Church.
The people in the church at the time were able to escape without injuries. Damages are estimated to be around $15,000, mostly to the basement.

Police say a deep fryer was left unattended and sparked the fire. 

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.