The homeowners Gabriel and Anne Gagne are safe, but are currently displaced from their home.
The Red Cross is providing food, clothing, and a place to stay if needed. The family says neighbors have already offered them a place to stay for the evening.
The property is Bayside so, fire officials say the wind kept the fire going.
Gabriel tried to put out the fire himself and in the process suffered a burn on his arm and cut his foot, but he is alright.
St. Albans City and Town Fire Departments and Swanton Fire Department responded to the fire.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.