Investigators: St. Michael's College Fire Wasn't Caused by Space Heater

By Joe Gullo

Published 03/06 2014 04:41PM

Updated 03/06 2014 06:20PM

COLCHESTER, Vt. - Vermont State Fire Investigators say turns out a town house fire at St. Michael's College was not caused by a space heater.

Back in February, that's what was blamed for the early morning fire. Now, investigators say there wasn't a space heater being used. The also wasn't caused by any of the wall mounted heaters in the building either.

It's still unknown what caused the fire, but it is not being considered to be suspicious. 

No one was injured by the fire. The fire caused more than $250,000 in damages.

Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.