A press release says the Burlington Downtown Parking Advisory Committee is responsible for overseeing the development of a new parking management plan for the city.
“I am confident that the individuals selected for this Committee have the combination of skills and experience necessary to successfully implement a new and effective Parking Plan for Burlington,” said Mayor Weinberger. “Improving the parking system downtown will help drive our economy forward. Improved customer experience, utilization of technology, and financially sustainable infrastructure are all drivers of a parking system that complements our fantastic downtown. I look forward to seeing project developments come to life over the course of the year.”
The committee is tasked with the following:
- Providing input on short-term pilot projects and reviewing results;
- Finalizing the consultant selection for the creation of a Parking Management Plan;
- Providing guidance on key issues during Parking Plan development;
- Acting as liaisons in outreach and communication efforts; and
- Sending the Parking Plan forward to City Council when ready for adoption.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.