Officials: Space Heater Sparks Fire at St. Michael's College

By Lesley Engle

Published 02/17 2014 08:32AM

Updated 02/17 2014 11:56AM

FOX44 & ABC22 News
COLCHESTER, Vt. - A fire at a townhouse on St. Michael's College campus was caused by problem with a space heater, officials say.

Saint Michael’s Public Safety and Student Life officials say 22 students were displaced by the fire. No injuries were reported.

College officials say fire crews responded to a fire at townhouse 105 just before 3:30 a.m., with townhouses 101 through 106 also affected.

The Red Cross says 12 rooms experienced water/smoke damage and 7 rooms are being considered a complete loss. The Red Cross and some faculty members are helping the students.

Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.