St. Albans Town and city officials, town and city animal control officers, Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department, and Vermont State Police have all been notified.
Police advise the public of the following if the bear is spotted:
- People should not approach the bear and should leave it alone;
- Should cautiously move away from it or the area where the bear is located;
- Should avoid leaving food items or garbage behind when they in that area;
- Residents should remove bird feeders and make sure not to leave garbage or compost out.
- If a bear approaches homes, people, gatherings, or appears aggressive call 911 or police immediately.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.