- If you still have room in your manure pit, wait until snow is off the fields before you spread manure.
- If you must spread manure before snow is off the fields:
- Choose fields that are relatively flat and far away from rivers and streams
- If you must spread on fields near rivers and streams, do not apply manure within 150 feet of the top of the bank
- If you are spreading in fields with ditches, do not apply manure within 150 feet of the ditch
- Do not apply manure within 100 feet of property lines and roads.
- Utilize reduced rates of application.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.