55°F

Apartment Building Fire in St. Johnsbury, Vt.

Twelve people are receiving help after a fire at an apartment building.
ST. JOHNSBURY, Vt. - Twelve people are receiving help after a fire at an apartment building.

It happened on Pearl Street around 8:00pm Friday. It affected three families and another person who lived next door.

Firefighters say the flames started on the second floor and spread to the attic. It took several departments a few hours to put the fire out.

Firefighters say there was lots of smoke and water damage to the building.

The Red Cross says it's helping the families who were affected with temporary housing, food, and clothing.

Firefighters say a lit candle was the cause of the fire.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

Local Headlines