BURLINGTON, Vt. - Crews responded to a hazardous materials incident at Delehanty Hall on the Trinity Campus at UVM on Monday. The incident happened at around 3:30 p.m.
A press release says a malfunction of ventilation equipment caused a buildup of hydrofluoric acid. A staff member noticed an alarm and pulled the fire alarm, causing the building to evacuate. Officials say this prevented anyone in the building from coming into contact with the fumes.
No one was injured during the incident.
Fifteen firefighters from the Burlington Fire Department, both Burlington Fire Department and UVM Fire Marshals, UVM PD, UVM Rescue, and UVM Environmental Services were dispatched to the scene.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.