CHAMPLAIN, N.Y. - The U.S. Customs and Border Protection is advising travelers to expect travel delays at local border crossings during Memorial Day weekend.
According to a press release, the following may help get through border security faster:
- Prepare for the inspection process before arriving at the inspection booth.
- End all phone conversations, remove sunglasses, have your window rolled down, and have documents ready.
- Travelers are encouraged to visit the Know Before You Go section of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website.
- Allow extra time and check border wait times before leaving.
- Frequent cross-border travelers are encouraged to enroll in the NEXUS program.
For more information on what to expect at a port of entry, document requirements, and prohibited or restricted items, travelers can visit the Travel section of the CBP.gov website.
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.