65°F

Officials: Space Heater Sparks Fire at St. Michael's College

A townhouse on the St. Michael’s College campus caught fire Monday morning.
COLCHESTER, Vt. - A fire at a townhouse on St. Michael's College campus was caused by problem with a space heater, officials say.

Saint Michael’s Public Safety and Student Life officials say 22 students were displaced by the fire. No injuries were reported.

College officials say fire crews responded to a fire at townhouse 105 just before 3:30 a.m., with townhouses 101 through 106 also affected.

The Red Cross says 12 rooms experienced water/smoke damage and 7 rooms are being considered a complete loss. The Red Cross and some faculty members are helping the students.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

Local Headlines