Police: Man Catches Fire in Gas Explosion

Police: Man Catches Fire in Gas Explosion

Police say a man was injured early Thursday following a gas explosion at a convenience store in St. Albans.
Police say a man was injured early Thursday following a gas explosion at a convenience store in St. Albans.

Police say it happened at Mac’s Quick Stop on South Main Street just before 8:30 a.m.

An employee of Champlain Oil Corporation was cutting metal near underground gas storage tanks, which are currently being worked on, when a spark ignited gasoline fumes, police said.

A witness described to police that fire shot out of the pit—where the worker was.

Police say the man’s clothing caught fire.

People at the scene were able to extinguish the pit and the employee’s clothes before first responders arrived.

The man was transported to Northwest Medical Center.

The extent of his injuries is unknown at this time.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus