BURLINGTON, Vt. - The Vermont Health Department recognized Vermont school wellness winners.
A press release says the health department recognizes schools that promote at least 30 minutes of physical activity each day outside of physical education classes. Schools are also recognized for meeting other criteria like an anti-tobacco policy and health food guidelines.
District winners are awarded $1,000 from the Vermont Department of Health.
2014 School Award Winners:
- Northfield Middle and High School
- Union Elementary School - Montpelier
- Mettawee Community School – West Pawlet
- Molly Stark Elementary - Bennington
- Jamaica Village School
- Burlington High School
- Richmond Elementary School
- Ferrisburgh Central School
- Mary Hogan School ID #4 - Middlebury
- Hyde Park Elementary School
- Lamoille Union High School/Lamoille Middle School/GMTCC
- Coventry Village School
- Newport City Elementary School
- Barstow Memorial School
- Neshobe School - Brandon
- Green Mountain Union High School - Chester
- State Street School - Montpelier
- St. Albans City School
- Rochester School
- Samuel Morey Elementary – White River Junction
- Stockbridge Central School
- Thetford Academy
- Westshire Elementary School
Copyright 2014 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.