42°F

Plattsburgh's River Trail Receives Funding

The City of Plattsburgh is receiving a $1.6 million in funding for the second phase of the River Trail.
PLATTSBURGH, N.Y. - The City of Plattsburgh is receiving a $1.6 million in funding for the second phase of the River Trail.

A press release says the trail is shared between bicycles and pedestrians. The plan is to extend from the shoreline of Lake Champlain, along the river through the city, and into the town of Plattsburgh.

"The Saranac River Trail does more than provide alternative options for transportation," Plattsburgh City Mayor James Calnon said. "It improves our quality of life here in Plattsburgh and encourages tourism and economic development opportunities in the downtown business district and across the region."

Funds were made available from New York state through the Federal Highway Administration. State funding will cover 80% of the project, the other 20% is coming from a project sponsor.
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

Local Headlines