CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) – Brandon Robinson scored a career-high 20 points and Roy Williams tied his mentor on the all-time wins list as North Carolina beat Yale 70-67.
Justin Pierce added 14 points for the Tar Heels in their final nonconference game of the regular season on Monday night.
Williams picked up his 879th career victory as a head coach, tying Dean Smith for the fourth-most in Division I men’s basketball history.
Williams worked as an assistant for Smith at North Carolina for 10 seasons from 1978-88.
Azar Swain’s 30-foot 3-point attempt misfired at the buzzer for Yale (10-4).
- Newsfeed Now: A historic Inauguration Day, 10-year-old CEO becomes best-selling author
- Single-vehicle crash on I-91 kills East Burke man
- 3 title game quarterbacks have similar draft history
- Texas man threatened to shoot his children as ‘traitors’ if they turned him in over Capitol riots
- Rate of COVID-19 cases plateaus in Vermont