Join the celebration or watch LIVE on
FOX44 • July 3rd • 9:30pm
Recommended Parking: UVM’s Gutterson Fieldhouse Parking Lot
Parking by the Waterfront is limited and will result in 1 hour+ wait at the end of the evening. Don’t want to deal with stressful downtown traffic? Park at UVM
UVM’s Gutterson Fieldhouse parking garage and adjacent lots provide the FASTEST way in and out Burlington after the fireworks. GMT busses will run from 5 pm to 11:30 pm, and pick up in front of Patrick Gymnasium with service down to Waterfront Park for FREE. Busses will run back to UVM at 10 pm in front of One Main Street, and make continuous trips back to UVM until 11:30pm.
Note: If you park at the Waterfront, please be prepared to wait up to two hours from the end of the fireworks, due to priority pedestrian and GMT bus traffic.
Traffic flow on College, Cherry or Pearl will be directed to Colchester Avenue or Route 127. Motorists are encouraged to use these designated streets, avoid neighborhoods or cross town routes. All parking lots off Lake Street will exit up Depot Street at the end of the night.
If you park at the Waterfront, be prepared to wait at least one hour from the end of the fireworks to leave the parking areas due to priority pedestrian and CCTA bus traffic.
- All parking lots off Lake Street will exit up Depot Street on to North Avenue at the end of the night.
- Perkins Pier Parking is $12 for cars and $12 for trailers.
- Waterfront Pease Parking Lot (bottom of College St) is reserved for handicap users and seasonal boaters, on a first come first serve basis, until lot is full.
- We encourage folks to park at the City garages: the Downtown (Lakeview/College) and the Marketplace garage. City parking garages will charge $5 per car (expect to wait 45 minutes to an hour to exit after event).
Accessible parking spaces are available at Perkins Pier, the Waterfront Pease Lot, and North lot next to the skatepark. Please keep in mind all parking is limited for all so space is not guaranteed later into the evening.
You are encouraged to cycle to the event, if possible! Free valet bike parking by Local Motion is available at Lake and College Street. Please proceed with caution on the Burlington Greenway as large crowds will be present.
Boat Traffic in the harbor must end by 8:00 p.m. as the US Coast Guard will enact a full harbor closure, however we recommend getting to your destination prior to that, at least by 7pm.
- Boat traffic from King Street Dock or Perkins Pier should exit to the south only. A No-Boat-Traffic-Zone has been extended to include the entire inner harbor. This safety zone is strictly enforced. The Perkins Pier and Waterfront boat ramps will be closed during this time.
- All watercraft, including canoes and kayaks, must have working lights if they are on the water after dusk.
- Boaters can expect crowded conditions in Burlington Bay throughout the day of the event, please proceed with caution while traversing.