The New York State Department of Health announced on Tuesday that it has authorized five additional registered organizations to manufacture and dispense medical marijuana in New York State.
The New York State Department of Health is committed to growing the state’s Medical Marijuana Program responsibly,” said New York State Department of Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker.
“The addition of these registered organizations will make it easier for patients across the state to obtain medical marijuana, improve the affordability of medical marijuana products through the introduction of new competition, and increase the variety of medical marijuana products available to patients,” added Zucker.
According to a press release, Citiva Medical; Fiorello Pharmaceuticals; New York Canna (d/b/a Terradiol New York); PalliaTech NY and Valley Agriceuticals will be added the list of registered organizations, there are already five organizations that previously registered.
Health officials say the new ROs will be operating in the following locations in the state.
- Citiva Medical will manufacture in Orange County and have dispensing facilities in Dutchess, Chemung, Kings and Richmond Counties.
- Fiorello Pharmaceuticals will manufacture in Schenectady County and have dispensing facilities in Monroe, Saratoga, New York and Nassau Counties.
- New York Canna (d/b/a Terradiol New York) will manufacture in Onondaga County and have dispensing facilities in Erie, Orange, Queens and Suffolk Counties.
- PalliaTech NY will manufacture in Ulster County and have dispensing facilities in Nassau, Orange, Queens, and Clinton Counties.
- Valley Agriceuticals will manufacture in Orange County and have dispensing facilities in Kings, Oneida, Suffolk, and Dutchess Counties.