Early Morning Fire Destroys Milton Home

News
MILTON FIRE 2_1486730252830.jpg

Officials in Milton say the cause of an early morning fire on Friday has been determined.

Crews from Milton, Colchester, and Georgia responded to the fire on Willys Lane. 

According to Milton Fire Chief Don Turner, two people were in the house at the time of the fire. They got out, and were taken to the hospital for evaluations.

Fire officials had initially told Local 22/Local 44 News the cause of the fire was likely related to a wood stove. Chief Turner told Local 22/Local 44 News Saturday the fire was determined to be a bucket of ashes left outside that reignited.

Turner also said two dogs were in the home at the time. At least one was rescued.

The American Red Cross said it is assisting the two people displaced by the fire.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending

Trending Stories

Latest Coronavirus Headlines

More Coronavirus

SkyTracker Weather Blog

More SkyTracker Blog