Police in South Burlington say a man driving a stolen vehicle was killed early Friday when he crossed over into oncoming traffic on Shelburne Road and collided with another vehicle.
The driver of the stolen vehicle, who was not identified, was pronounced dead at the scene. The second driver was transported to UVM Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries, police said.
Investigators said the vehicle was stolen from a Burlington neighborhood during the overnight hours leading up to the crash. Investigators are working with the Office of Chief Medical Examiner to determine the identity of the driver and whether intoxication played a role in the crash.
The northbound lane of Shelburne Road was closed for several hours while police investigated and the roadway was cleared. The road is back open.
- Vermont men’s hoops second in America East standings
- VT Gov. Phil Scott: “I haven’t heard anything specifically about the borders” after Biden executive order
- A desk endeavor; Vermont retirees build work spaces for students while they learn from home
- South Burlington school board proposes budget
- In duel with small investors over GameStop, big funds blink