Fire at downtown Barre City business caused by electrical issue

News
firefighter looking away_1521465907627.jpg.jpg

Authorities in Barre City say a fire at the L&M Diner was due to an electrical issue.

According to a media release from the fire department, a downtown business owner flagged down a Barre City Police officer, concerned about smoke coming from a neighboring property Sunday night.

Police quickly learned smoke was filling the inside of the closed business the L&M Diner.

Barre City Fire Department was subsequently dispatched the scene, and located the fire in the basement.

Fire crews say they worked quickly to extinguish the fire, but had to work in two to three feet of water, in near zero visibility.

Fire investigators from the Vermont State Police, Vermont Division of Safety and the City of Barre conducted a cause and origin of fire investigation.

The fire was determined to be electrical and accidental in nature.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending

Trending Stories

Latest Coronavirus Headlines

More Coronavirus

SkyTracker Weather Blog

More SkyTracker Blog