Lebanon Fire Department says fire at Victor Technologies was accidental

News
LEB FIRE PIC 2_1521746746688.jpg.jpg

Video News

A fire in Lebanon was determined to be accidental.

Lebanon Fire Department says it was dispatched to Victor Technologies on Benning Street just after noon on Thursday.

Fire officials say they encountered heavy smoke, and found a fire in a portable metal dust collector.

The fire was quickly extinguished and personnel performed extensive overhaul operations.

Fire Chief Chris Christopoulous says the fire was contained to the equipment, but the entire building suffered heavy smoke damage.

The fire was declared under control about a half an hour after crews first arrived, but crews remained on the scene past 2:00 p.m. removing smoke.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental, due to overheated metal dust causing large paper filters in the dust collector to combust.

On site personnel attempted to extinguish the fire prior to notifying the fire department and there were no reported injuries.

The Hanover, NH and Hartford, VT Fire Department assisted on scene and the Enfield Fire Department provided station coverage.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending

Trending Stories

Latest Coronavirus Headlines

More Coronavirus

SkyTracker Weather Blog

More SkyTracker Blog