Temperatures will hit 90° and above this weekend, with high humidity.
It’s the kind of heat that can be dangerous to people without air conditioning and those susceptible to heat stress or illness.
If possible, avoid prolonged rigorous outdoor activity during mid to late afternoon and drink plenty of water.
Warning signs of heat-related illness include:
- muscle cramping
- abnormal increase in heart rate
- blurry vision
- nausea or vomiting
Call 911 if you have any concerns about yourself or others, and consider stopping by one of the cooling stations listed below:
- Friday until 11 a.m.: Breakfast @ First Church Universalist
- Friday 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. : Barre Library (Alternative location at Barre City Hall 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Saturday, 7 a.m. – 10 a.m.: Barre Congregational Church breakfast
- Saturday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Barre Library
- Saturday, 2 – 7 p.m.: – Faith Community Church,
- Friday & Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.: Lebanon Library:
- Friday & Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.: Kilton Library
- Saturday & Sunday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.: Lebanon Airport Terminal Building
- Friday 8 a.m.- 3 p.m.: Upper Valley Senior Center (Seniors only)
- Friday, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.: Community Cool Down at the Milton Fire Station:
- Friday: Community Center at 79 Margret Street