Chimney fire in Milton quickly extinguished; no one hurt

Local News

With the temperatures dropping, the risk of chimney fires rise.

On Monday, the Milton Fire Department responded to their first one this year. They were called out to a single-family home at 51 Lake Road shortly before 7:30 p.m.

Fire crews said it was a minor fire that they were able to put out quickly. The chimney is attached to a wood stove. Firefighters cleared the scene shortly after 8:00.

No one was hurt.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending

Trending Stories

Latest Coronavirus Headlines

More Coronavirus

SkyTracker Weather Blog

More SkyTracker Blog