If you have difficulty pushing through the afternoon lull, Val “The No Diet Dietitian” is here to help! The Registered Dietitian is telling us all about an energy-boosting sweet treat.
“You know that time in the middle of the day around three o’clock, four o’clock when you’re feeling low energy, you’re a little bit hungry? We (at No Diet Dietitian) encourage you to have a power snack. A power snack is loaded-up with protein, and it has enough energy, enough nutrition to keep you fueled throughout the afternoon… and my personal favorite is to enjoy a delicious cookie”, Val says.
Protein packed cookie recipe:
- Mash two bananas in a bowl (the riper the banana, the sweeter the cookies will be)
- Add other ingredients into the bowl:
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (this adds antioxidants)
- 1 cup powdered peanut butter (Val uses ‘PBfit Organic’, but says you can use any kind)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Scoop mixture onto a baking sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes
For more tips and recipes, you can visit www.nodietdietitian.com.