Lemons, berries, and maple!
We’re springing right into all the delicious recipes this season has to offer. Food Writer and Recipe Developer, Nancy Mock, shows us the ropes.
Mock mentions it’s a bit too early to go for fruits like cherries and strawberries. So, instead, she recommends snagging some citrus:
Recipe: Orange Cardamom Scone with Maple Glaze
First step – make the scones
- Mix an egg, 1 tsp vanilla, 3/4 cup buttermilk, and 1 tsp orange zest together
- Mix 3 cups flour, 2 tbs sugar, 2 tbs baking powder, 2 (1/2) tsp ground cardamom, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, and 4 tbs cold butter together
- Combine all ingredients
- Turn out the dough, place on sheet, and refrigerate for 15 minutes
- Slice dough into 8 wedges and brush tops with buttermilk
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
Second step – make the maple glaze
- Heat-up 1/2 cup maple syrup in microwave
- Whisk in 1 tbs melted butter
- Use handheld mixer to slowly add in 1 (1/2) cup confectioner’s sugar
Third step – Final touches
- Smother glaze on top of baked scones
- Sprinkle orange zest over scones
To check out more of Nancy Mock’s recipes, head over to her website hungryenoughtoeatsix.com.