BURLINGTON, Vt. – Mayor Miro Weinberger announced that Jennifer Morrison will not return to the Burlington Police Department as initially planned when she left to care for her husband in June.
“I am grateful that Chief Morrison stepped in to assist the city during a very difficult time for the Burlington Police Department last winter,” Weinberger said. “I wish her and her family strength as they navigate through this challenging personal time.”
Morrison took over following the resignation of former Chief Brandon del Pozo in December. He and former Deputy Chief Jan Wright had admitted to using fake social media accounts to troll critics.
- NYSEG Brings Safer Power Option to the North Country
- Increased police presence in Montpelier in light of Capitol riots and Inauguration Day
- Vermont men’s basketball looking to hit its stride down the stretch
- New York unions sue over paid coronavirus quarantine leave
- Weather Blog: Weekend storm impacts vary greatly by location, elevation