BURLINGTON, Vt. – Mayor Miro Weinberger announced that Jennifer Morrison will not return to the Burlington Police Department as initially planned when she left to care for her husband in June.
“I am grateful that Chief Morrison stepped in to assist the city during a very difficult time for the Burlington Police Department last winter,” Weinberger said. “I wish her and her family strength as they navigate through this challenging personal time.”
Morrison took over following the resignation of former Chief Brandon del Pozo in December. He and former Deputy Chief Jan Wright had admitted to using fake social media accounts to troll critics.
- No injuries after emergency landing of commercial airline flight at BTV
- Six new coronavirus cases throughout our region on Sunday
- Colebrook, NH fire leaves 1 person dead, 5 injured
- Weather Blog: Much needed rain arrives into next week
- Skytracker Forecast (September 27, 2020)