Swanton fire that destroyed two cars and a garage, deemed accidental

Local News

Investigators say a fire that destroyed a garage, causing significant damage to a Swanton home was likely accidental, it started in a vehicle that was having electrical issues.

It started shortly before midnight on Wednesday.

Crews say when they got there, two cars were on fire in a garage.  Flames did extend into the home, but thanks to a fire alarm, it wasn’t destroyed.  However, significant smoke and heat damage will keep the family out until repairs are made.

The homeowners were camping at the time, but after getting a call from the alarm monitoring company, they beat the fire department to the scene.  They were not able to save anything or get inside because of the fire.

If anyone has information, call (802) 879-2306.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending

Trending Stories

Latest Coronavirus Headlines

More Coronavirus

SkyTracker Weather Blog

More SkyTracker Blog