A West Wardsboro woman is fighting for her life after Vermont State Police say she was struck by a driver who then fled the scene.
Dispatchers received a report just after 8 p.m. Saturday of a semi-conscious woman lying on Stratton Arlington Road. Police say Deborah Ayers, 65, was airlifted to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center with life-threatening injuries.
Police are asking anyone who was in the area at about that time to call the Westminster Barracks at (802) 722-4600.
- Plattsburgh police pay scale should help re-fill middle management ranks
- New Hampshire no longer requires masks, Vermont sticks to its own plan forward
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting
- The names of the 8 victims murdered in the Indianapolis FedEx mass shooting
- Champlain Valley Union makes inclusion a priority