Manchester, NH — On Thursday, Manchester Police tried to take a wanted suspect into custody, however, when the suspect, 49-year-old Jorge Guzman Alvarado saw the officers, he ran and jumped into the Merrimack River.
Alvarado was able to get inside a drainage pipe and stayed there while authorities worked to get him out. He eventually climbed out and was taken to a local hospital. Alvarado had an active warrant out of Bedford, but more charges are likely.
- Shooting suspect returns after fleeing to Puerto Rico
- Local partners announce purchase of CityPlace
- Warnings issued to New York retailers for baby formula price gouging
- 6 RCSD teachers on leave for ‘racist and demeaning’ text messages about students
- Drivers line up for $2.12 a gallon gas in Missouri town