The North Country Regional Blood Donor Center will be having a number of community blood drives throughout August.
According to a release from Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital, the blood collected from this drive will be used at hospitals in Plattsburgh, Elizabethtown, Malone, Massena, Saranac Lake and Glens Falls.
To donate, you must have a valid ID, be at least 17 and weigh 110 pounds or more.
If you are interested, you can attend the following drives:
- Friday, August 4, Curtis Lumber Plattsburgh, 8 to 11 a.m.
- Monday, August 7, Beekmantown Fire Department Station 1, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 8, Essex County Department of Social Services, Elizabethtown, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, August 10, Mountain Lake Services Keeseville, Noon to 4 p.m.
- Monday, August 14, Bloomingdale Knights of Columbus, held at the Bloomingdale Fire Department, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 15, NuMed, Hopkniton, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 16, St. Lawrence County Human Services Building, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, August 17, Eli’s Cabinet Shop, Route 11 Burke, 4 to 8 p.m.
- Friday, August 18 Champlain Centre Mall, 2 to 6 p.m.
- Monday, August 21, Twinstate Technologies, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. (includes a barbeque open to the public)
- Monday, August 21, Willsboro Fire Department, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 22, Malone Fire Dept. 3 to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 23, NYS Police Barracks, Malone, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, August 24, Cumberland 12 Cinemas, 4 to 8 p.m. A free movie ticket will be offered to each blood donor.
- Monday, August 28, Mountain Lake Services Port Henry, Noon to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 29, Morrisonville Ambulance Service, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Thursday, August 31, Black Brook Town Hall, 3 to 7:30 p.m.