News

Overheated lithium battery sparks fire near Burlington Int'l Airport

SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vt. - Hazardous waste cleanup crews responded to a small fire near the Burlington International Airport Thursday.

South Burlington senior firefighter Ed Spooner told Local 22 & Local 44 News the fire inside Heritage Aviation Inc. started because a lithium battery overheated.

Tenants in the building were setting up the battery when it caught fire, a tenant representative said.

Nobody was hurt.

Spooner says lithium requires a special agent to be extinguished. If it is not done properly, it could become hazardous.


More Stories

Latest News

Video Center