Overheated lithium battery sparks fire near Burlington Int’l Airport

News

Hazardous waste cleanup crews responded to a small fire near the Burlington International Airport Thursday.

South Burlington senior firefighter Ed Spooner told Local 22 & Local 44 News the fire inside Heritage Aviation Inc. started because a lithium battery overheated.

Tenants in the building were setting up the battery when it caught fire, a tenant representative said.

Nobody was hurt.

Spooner says lithium requires a special agent to be extinguished. If it is not done properly, it could become hazardous.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Sports

More Sports

Trending Stories

SkyTracker Weather Blog

More SkyTracker Blog