According to Lt. Demore of South Burlington Police, the South Burlington High School was lockdown because of a threat that was received at the school on Wednesday.
South Burlington School District’s Superintendent, David Young, told Local 22 & Local 44 that the threat was similar in nature to the one that happened at the South Burlington Middle School on Tuesday, except the threat on Wednesday mentioned a specific time.
Both threats were sent to teachers via email. The high school says its tech staff is looking into the emails. Police are investigating as well.
Students were dismissed at the high school at around 1:30 p.m.
All school activities at the high school have been canceled.
School activities at the Burlington School Middle have been moved indoors.
The South Burlington School Board Meeting is going on as planned for Wednesday night.
Right now, Superintendent David Young says school will be in session Thursday, but there will be an added police presence.
Police say this threat has no known connection to what happened last week at Essex High School.