LYNDON, Vt. (AP) — A non-profit recreational trails organization has completed the purchase of two parcels of land in Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom totaling 271 acres.
On Dec. 18, the Kingdom Trails Association acquired the properties on Darling Hill Road in Lyndon at a total cost of more than $671,000. Kingdom Trails Executive Director Abby Long says owning the land will allow the group to sustain its trails on one of the most visible and visited areas of the network.
The non-profit trail association manages a network of more than 100 miles (160 kilometers) of trails on private lands in northeastern Vermont.
- UVM men’s soccer grateful for the chance to play
- Vermont men’s lacrosse gets ready for season opener
- Shelburne residents to vote on new fire and rescue station on Town Meeting Day
- CVU girls’ hoops remains undefeated with dominant win over Rice Memorial
- Long-discussed Essex/Essex Junction merger could obtain full voter approval Tuesday