The Wings Over Vermont Air Show is August 13 and 14! Some great places to view are at Waterfront Park, Battery Park and on the water! But there are some things that boaters need to keep in mind when it comes to the big show.
Below is more information from the Wings Over Vermont website. It outlines the specific areas which boaters can moor and anchor throughout the weekend. More information can be found online. Thank you to the United States Coast Guard for waking up with Local 22 and Local 44 to talk safety.
- The attached map provides an overview of the 2016 Wings Over Vermont Air Show.
- The large two-tiered box outlined in “BLUE” is the aerobatic flying box for the air show performers.
- No boat traffic will be allowed in the aerobatic box during the hours of 9:00 am to 6 pm on August 12, 13, and 14th.
- There will be buoys marking the aerobatic box. GPS grid coordinates provided on the map.
- The integrity of the aerobatic box will be maintained and enforced by the U.S. Coast Guard and other Marine Law Enforcement agencies.
- To travel in and out of Burlington Harbor when the Aerobatic box is active, you will have to enter from the south end clear of the aerobatic box. The “RED” dash line represents the ferry route between VT and NY.
- Loitering within Burlington Harbor is “UNAUTHORIZED” and enforced by Town ordinance. The Burlington Harbor Master should be contacted with specific questions about the moorings directly inside the breakwater of Burlington Harbor.
- The Green boxes represent designated mooring locations.
- The mooring locations to the southeast of the aerobatic box are situated to maintain an unobstructed boating lane for boat traffic coming/going from Burlington Harbor.
- The Burlington Harbor Master should be contacted with specific questions about the moorings directly inside the breakwater of Burlington Harbor and along the shoreline.
In the event of an on-the-water emergency, contact the U.S. Coast Guard on Channel 16