With the Wings Over Vermont Air Show happening next weekend, the Coast Guard has established a safety zone in the Burlington Harbor Area.
This safety zone will be enforced August 12, 13, and 14.
The Coast Guard says they expect boating traffic to be heavy in that area during the event, and folks should use the suggested spectator viewing area when watching the show from a water vessel.
The attached map provides an overview of the 2016 Wings Over Vermont Air Show.
- The large two-tiered box outlined in “BLUE” is the aerobatic flying box for the air show performers.
- No boat traffic will be allowed in the aerobatic box during the hours of 9:00 am to 6 pm on August 12, 13, and 14th.
- There will be buoys marking the aerobatic box. GPS grid coordinates provided on the map.
- The integrity of the aerobatic box will be maintained and enforced by the U.S. Coast Guard and other Marine Law Enforcement agencies.
- To travel in and out of Burlington Harbor when the Aerobatic box is active, you will have to enter from the south end clear of the aerobatic box. The “RED” dash line represents the ferry route between VT and NY.
- Loitering within Burlington Harbor is “UNAUTHORIZED” and enforced by Town ordinance.
- The Burlington Harbor Master should be contacted with specific questions about the moorings directly inside the breakwater of Burlington Harbor.
- The Green boxes represent designated mooring locations.
- The mooring locations to the southeast of the aerobatic box are situated to maintain an unobstructed boating lane for boat traffic coming/going from Burlington Harbor.
- The Burlington Harbor Master should be contacted with specific questions about the moorings directly inside the breakwater of Burlington Harbor and along the shoreline.
In the event of an on-the-water emergency, contact the U.S. Coast Guard on Channel 16